Play a key role within a world-class, award-winning health system. Lead, inspire and motive a team of outstanding clinical professionals. Take your career in an exciting new direction. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
In this vital position, you will help define and deliver exceptional care as you manage the daily functions of our Comprehensive Care Coordinators (CCCs). You will leverage evidence-based research and national best practices to develop, design and facilitate innovative approaches to managing population health through outstanding care coordination and transition management. You will have responsibility for all UCLA Health with a specific focus on primary care practices and specialty care ambulatory “medical home” models. This role requires traveling to practices that your CCCs oversee as you meet with CCCs, practice managers, and physicians, offer support, and ensure CCCs are performing at the highest level of their skill sets.
We’re seeking a flexible, self-directed leader with:
- One or more years of clinic management experience
- Solid background in healthcare administration, business, public health
- Experience with population management and care coordination
- Knowledge of patient-centered medical home implementation/operations
- Understanding of URAC and NCQA guidelines for patient-centered medical home
- Expertise with insurance eligibility checking, prior authorizations, referrals, and orders for commercial and government payors
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to integrate competing demands of an outpatient setting into a productive working environment
- Ability to diplomatically communicate difficult information to physicians and leadership
- Experience developing quality improvement action plans
- Knowledge of medical terminology and health system registration procedures
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Strong leadership and independent decision-making skills
- Computer proficiency with EMR, Word, Excel and Outlook
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. We’re also home to the David Geffen School of Medicine, an internationally-respected center of medical learning and research. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.