Under the direction of the Manager of IT Network, the Senior Network Engineer possesses expert knowledge in network design, planning, assessment, implementation, routing and switching (OSPF and BGP), SDN/Cisco ACI, and network data center technologies. In this role, you will act as the primary escalation support resource for providing recommendations and initiating necessary corrective actions to ensure optimal network performance for the UCLA Health organization. You will be responsible for ensuring that policies, standards, procedures, and how-to documents are created, utilized, and followed. You will also provide day-to-day support of the 24x7 production environment of ISS Enterprise network (core, distribution, wired & wireless access layers, IPAM, DHCP, VoIP systems, WAN, and network monitoring).
As part of this role, you will be expected to participate in the weekly rotational after-hours 24x7 on-call support and perform other assigned tasks as needed by departmental requirements.
• 7 years or more experience with Cisco switching and routing
• 7 years or more enterprise information technology support
• 7 years or more experience with Cisco Catalyst series
• 5 years or more experience with Cisco Nexus series
• Experience with Cisco ACI network infrastructures
• Experience with Aruba CX series switches
• Experience with Aruba wireless network infrastructures
• Experience with InfoBlox DCHP/DNS appliances
• Prepare standard operating procedures, architecture and design diagrams, and other
• Must participate in the weekly on call rotation for after-hours support
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
• Research and test new technologies and processes
• Adapt best practices and approach to engineering designs
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
• Active CCNP certification
• Extensive knowledge with TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, PPP, PPTP, IPSec, SMTP, SNMP, STP, VTP,
HSRP, RADIUS, 802.11a/b/g, 802.1x, TACACS+ protocols
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.