This position is in Decision Support Services.
C losing Date
$3,038.31 -$10,708.33 Based on budgeted amount, Grade 25
Number of Positions
Percentage of Time
Broadw ay Building
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Data Integrity Manager manages, directs, leads, and collaborates with the Data Integrity team within the Decision Support Services department under the direction of the Director of Finance. Provides expertise and leadership in utilizing information technology systems, methods, tools, and vendors, to plan, implement, and coordinate a data integrity program that will continually improve the quality of patient utilization and financial data within the departments EPSi cost accounting and decision support system. Coaches, counsels, and trains all department staff members to maintain and enhance current processes, develop new processes, and find innovative solutions to support institutional strategic goals from a data science technological perspective. Participates in data and process analysis to identify ETL (extraction, transformation, and load) optimization opportunities using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Uses various data mining/data analysis methods and tools creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. Drives results with data-based insights and discover solutions hidden in large data sets working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience building, leading, supporting, and motivating effective technical teams
- Specific experience leading technical staff with a robust database and analytic software skills
- Experience processing, managing, and analyzing data, preferably healthcare data
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on management reporting and data visualization development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Demonstrated drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Technical experience required with database and analytics software specifically in the Microsoft environment is required: Excel, Access, and SQL Server and/or a broad range of software tools experience is desired: EPSi, Lawson, Crystal Reports, Taleo Suite, Business Objects, SAS, Python, Ruby, Perl, Oracle Developer, Visual Basic, HTML
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SAS, SQL
- Experience visualizing and presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc. and knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage) and experience with statistical applications
- Experience using web services: Microsoft Azure and/or AWS, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms: simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks
- Project management experience
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of accounting, financial concepts, medical record coding (ICD, DRG, CPT), medical terminology and healthcare reimbursement desired
- Able to facilitate or actively participate in working groups while using interpersonal skills to achieve result
- Able to present complex information to diverse groups, support findings and collaboratively drive change based on organizational goals and strategic objectives
- Able to use critical thinking skills to recognize opportunities, report on the financial impact of proposed actions and work with leadership to develop appropriate business strategies
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines while openly communicating project status to customers and using interpersonal skills to negotiate deadlines
- Able to identify and resolve issues impacting team performance and/or project outcome
Bachelors degree (BA/BS) in Information Management or Computer Science/Engineering is highly desired; a Masters degree (MSBA/MIS or MSCS)
Specia l Requirements
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.