This position is in Decision Support Services.
Closing Date : 11/29/2021 Interviews may be held at any time.
Salary Range : $2,613.03 - $3,927.20 budgeted amount , Grade 23
Salary Frequency : Biweekly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 1.0
Shift Hour : 08
Location : Broadway Building
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Decision Support Specialist provides complex analysis of the financial results from Health System operations with a particular focus on cost accounting components and benchmarking, developing and monitoring operating and expense statistics and financial analysis, including performing detailed financial analysis, strategic planning, and cost opportunity analysis against targets or benchmarks, recommending, developing and maintaining billed services costing standards and methods of accurately distributing costs, developing, maintaining and reporting on Health System service line costs, and high level involvement in complex finance projects, financial analysis of program expansion/development and ad hoc analysis as assigned. The results of the work will be used for driving transformational change within the organization.
The Specialist demonstrates an expertise in the financial principles and methodologies specific to a major healthcare system, analyze and develop recommendations regarding financial implications to current and prospective clinical programs through the benchmarking of processes and metrics in order to further develop the clinical practices, consolidate efficiency, and improve financial and utilization performance. Responsible for all activities related to improvement and maintenance of the benchmarking and cost accounting systems with an emphasis on understanding expense behavior and reasonableness.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant related experience
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts, medical record coding (ICD, DRG, CPT), medical terminology and and experience in cost accounting methodologies, including cost standards development, indirect allocation methodology, and maintaining a cost accounting system
- Analytical, statistical and mathematical skills to conduct complex and quantitative analysis with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel, databases (MS Access/BI, SAS, etc), presentation software (Power Point), and visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview).
- Experience with statistical software, databases, data analytics preferred
- Experience preparing and presenting complex information to diverse groups, supporting findings and recommendations, working with peers, managers and executives to collaboratively driving change based on organizational goals and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated experience using interpersonal skills to foster trust, encourage cooperation and develop effective working relationships with medical staff, nursing staff, and co-workers to achieve results in a culturally diverse environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines while openly communicating project status to customers, identifying and resolving issues impacting team performance and/or project outcome, and to negotiate deadlines.
- Proactively and independently develop, interpret and implement highly complex solutions with a focus on improving processes using innovative ideas and technics.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, familiarity with hospital financial and benchmarking methodologies
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation