The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Heart & Vascular Center’s Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) Program seeks a full-time Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to help grow our program. The UCSF team consists of highly experienced physicians, surgeons, APPs, nurses, social workers, researchers and others. Our MCS program is nationally known for cutting edge MSC support in both the outpatient and inpatient setting and offers a variety of support systems (long-term and short-term).
The APP will be responsible for coordinating the care of patients in the hospital setting and will work closely with the Advanced Heart Failure, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Intensive Care teams along with case management, social workers and other multidisciplinary teams.
Mechanical Circulatory Support
- NP1: Minimum two (2) years of recent clinical RN/NP employment experience in a critical cardiac care unit and/or intensive care unit with patients with end stage heart and pulmonary failure
- NP2: Minimum two (2) years of recent clinical RN/NP employment experience in a critical cardiac care unit and/or intensive care unit with patients with end stage heart and pulmonary failure
- 6 months as a Nurse Practitioner
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience as Nurse Practitioner or PA
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a UCSF nurse or APP in a critical care setting
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an MCS/VAD coordinator
UCSF Health requires all Advanced Health Practitioners (APP) to be credentialed through OMAG to practice and be privileged through CIDP to function in their clinical role. This applies to both adult and pediatric APPs in the inpatient and outpatient clinical settings at all UCSF Health sites and affiliates. Credentialing, health plan enrollment, and approval of privileges must be completed prior to the first working day. Inability to comply with the requirements of OMAG/CIDP AT ALL TIMES will result in either, a LOA or suspension of privileges designation.
- California driver’s license (CDL) if required for position.
- Must hold current national certification from an accepted certifying agency and provide by first day of work.
- Must hold a current and active RN and NP and Furnishing license in California.
- Must have completed a BRN recognized graduate master’s degree program as a nurse practitioner.
- Must obtain an active and/or transferable DEA license to California and provide evidence by 90th day of clinical practice. (It is the responsibility of the employee to transfer their DEA license to their new place of employment if from out of state, via online DEA portal and provide evidence of transfer).
- Must have submitted enrollment with CMS Medicare and Medicaid through credentialing by first clinical day. CCS enrollment as appropriate for pediatric environments.
- Must hold current AHA BLS and ACLS as minimum requirement
- State regulation requires that you have a supervising physician to practice
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.