Deliver the advanced technology that makes world-class health care possible. Develop innovative data solutions that drive the success of a renowned center of medical excellence. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As a key leader within DGIT – the IT organization for the David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM) – you will provide the technological vision that drives our continual growth and success. You will be responsible for the enterprise data and analytics platform strategy for the DGSOM including data integration and transformation services. Reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Applications, you will leverage matrixed resources across UCLA Health to manage and grow a team that will enable the use of enterprise data as a strategic asset and enhance cross-institutional decision support and analytics capabilities. You will create and execute a data platform strategy which will optimize and leverage existing data tools in the Office of Health Information and Analytics (OHIA) and UCLA IT services. You will also develop additional services to deliver robust data warehousing, business intelligence, interface architecture, reporting, visualization, and analytics capabilities.
We’re seeking a results-driven, detail-oriented technology leader with:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field – Master’s preferred
- Eight or more years of experience in business intelligence, analytics and data management
- Five or more years of leadership experience highly desirable
- Data management experience in an academic setting highly beneficial
- Expertise in building/managing enterprise-level data integration and data transformation platforms
- Cloud experience preferred
- Proficiency with Kimball dimensional data modeling and architecting
- Solid background managing data warehouse and datamart schema (e.g., star/snowflake schema, OLAP cubes, etc.)
- Passion for data-driven continuous quality improvement and organizational change
- Hands-on management style with the ability mentor and inspire others
- Experience leading enterprise level data governance
- Ability to bring big picture concepts and strategic visions to life
- Expertise in implementing data warehousing methodologies using RDBMS systems (e.g., MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Experience leading teams in a decentralized and matrixed environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.