CBRE is looking for a Commercial Driver – Shipping & Receiving Specialist to supportâ€¯our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This a full-time, 40-hour role.â€¯
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a hardworking go-getter and self-starter who is friendly and engaging with customers and co-workers, has a positive attitude and is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
What we offer:
Department of Transportation Assessment & Renewal
HazMat Shipping Certification
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
Employer Matching Health Savings Account
Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for receiving inbound mail, packages, and freight.
- Delivering the received items to Microsoft employees and offices.
- Maintaining a secure chain of custody for the items.
- Scheduling transfers and deliveries to customers on Microsoft campus.
- Transfer of devices, servers, and other items to buildings on Microsoft Campus.
- Drive a company vehicle to perform pick-up/delivery service for customer on an as needed basis.
- Use site tracking software to collect proper signatures for all deliveries.
- Assist the client with outbound shipping by helping to create shipping documents both domestic and international.
- Boxing or procuring crates for shipping.
- Coordinate outbound item movement to the shipping department.
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation.
- Correspond to the customer’s emails with utmost courtesy & professionalism.
- Lift and move boxes up to 50lbs routinely.
- Successfully prioritize tasks appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Monitor equipment transfers between labs and update team’s TFS database.
- Forecast and manage team’s supply needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
QUALIFICATIONS &l t;/p>
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum 1 year of related experience.
Shipping, warehousing, and/or mail services experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Valid driver's license with clean driving record required. Physical DOT assessment required.
May require certification to operate forklift equipment.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to perform simple arithmetic functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Excellent driving skills.
Good organization and time management skills.
Ability to read and interpret road maps. May need to use GPS or other directional device.
Ability to bend, reach, squat, and perform the necessary job functions to include lifting to 70lbs throughout the day and push/pull a cart with up to 400lbs.
Ability to stand or walk for 4-6 hours per day.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.